Rich in History

The nearby mouth of Humber River was the southern terminus of the route First Nations people used to travel from Lake Ontario to Lake Huron, and the other upper lakes.[1]

For many years Swansea was just a big area with several families, and on December 15, 1925 after many more people had moved here, Swansea was incorporated as a village – well known as theĀ Village of Swansea. The name itself apparently was given by John Worthington, a native of Wales in the UK, as he was fascinated by the similarity of the site to Swansea in Wales.[2]